Sociology Job & Internship Digest (Week 4 Edition)

Greetings, Sociology Students!

Welcome to Week 4.  The term seems to be flying by and I know you’ve got a lot on your plate.  Just a gentle reminder that putting aside time for career advising, a visit to the weekly Career Crash Course! workshop, and time for your internship search will position you well to make a smooth transition from college to career.

WEDNESDAY WORKSHOP: GETTING AN INTERNSHIP

Towards that end, this week I’m presenting a workshop called “How To Find An Internship” (part of the ongoing Career Crash Course!) at 4 pm on Wednesday (2/1) in PLC 412.  What is an internship?  Do I really need one?  How do I find one?  What’s the best place to look?  What if no internship is posted?  All are questions I plan on addressing, so take a break and come join us.

NEW JOB & INTERNSHIP LEADS

Attached to this message is the latest Sociology Job & Internship Digest, which includes new and continuing opportunities to gain experience in a variety of career fields now and beyond graduation.  Take a few moments to browse through and let me know if you have questions about anything!

COME IN FOR A CAREER CONSULTATION 

My drop-in office hours this term are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 am to 3 pm in PLC 405.  I also have limited availability for appointments on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.  If you want to explore the range of career options available to you, create/revise your resume or cover letter, prepare for an interview, or discuss graduate school, stop by and see me.  I look forward to meeting you!

Best,

Bill Sherman, Career Advisor

PLC 405 | wsherman@uoregon.edu