Winter Term Colloquia
We have an exciting series of speakers lined up for the Winter Quarter Colloquium Series. Please join us for the following talks Fridays at 12pm in PLC 714.
- 1/18/19: Dimitra Cupo, “Doing Self-Defense: Women, Habitus and Privilege”
- 1/25/19: Victoria Reyes (UC Riverside), “Global Borderlands: Fantasy, Violence, and Empire in Subic Bay, Philippines”
- 2/8/19: Ana Paricio (Universitat Oberta de Catalunya), “Cities and Gender: Mapping Everyday Life Activities in Barcelona’s Public Spaces”
- 2/15/19: Anthony Ocampo (Cal Poly Pomona), “Lessons in Manhood and Morality: The Immigrant Family as Moral Context of Reception”
- 2/22/19: Ryan Light, TBA
- 3/1/19: Dawn Harfmann, “How Corporate Power, Environmental Labor, and Political Polarization Shape Environmental Concern in Rural Wyoming, and Why it Matters for Our Environmental Future”