Sociology Snippets – March 20, 2020

Hello Sociology Majors,

I wanted to touch base with all of you on the eve of what is likely the strangest start to a spring break you have experienced during your college career. I know you are receiving a lot of messages from UO as leadership tries to make the best decisions to keep students, faculty and staff safe during the upcoming months. Many of these changes are disappointing – moving classes online and changing what graduation will look like. I know many of you may have a lot of questions and I am happy to answer them or endeavor to find out the answers for you, so do not hesitate to contact me. In the meantime, I have been in contact with the career center about ways to support graduating seniors, have been brainstorming ways to celebrate graduating seniors even if from far and will be in touch early next term about things like the honors program, the transformation of the Peer Advising program into a Peer Leadership program and hopefully a new date for an alumni dinner.

In the mean time, please take care of yourselves and please contact me if you are in need of resources or have questions.

Best,

Prof Pascoe

C.J. Pascoe
Associate Professor |Undergraduate Program Director
Co-editor, Socius:  Sociological Research for a Dynamic World
Department of Sociology | University of Oregon
(458) 215-1901 | cpascoe@uoregon.edu