Skip to Content

Declare a Sociology Major/Minor

If you are ready to declare a Sociology major or minor, complete the following form.

Note: Sociology majors may choose either a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree or a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree. There is no difference between the two within the Sociology major requirements. If you are a declaring a double major, you must select the same degree type unless you are declaring concurrent degrees.

If you already have a major and are not dropping it, Sociology will be designated your secondary major by default. If you wish to make Sociology your primary major, be sure to write that in the “Notes for the registrar” section.

Change of Major/Minor

Change of Major/Minor

Please fill out this form, then press SUBMIT. Your degree guide will be updated in about 10 business days.

95 number
If you are declaring a Sociology major or minor, check the box
List any majors or minors you wish to drop
Note any special circumstances or if you wish sociology to be listed as your primary major