Skip to Content

COVID-19 Resources for Undergraduates

Click the arrow to expand each question for additional information. Don’t see your question here? Email us at! We’re adding new information regularly, so please check back for more answers!

When can I get the Covid-19 vaccine? Will UO be providing vaccines for students?

The UO is coordinating with local agencies to provide access to COVID-19 vaccines for the UO community and support community-wide vaccinations. UO will be holding vaccination clinics for UO community members beginning April 21. Up-to-date information about vaccine availability and clinic scheduling can be found on the UO Coronavirus website.

Where can I get Covid testing? Where can my family members/community members get tested?

UO is offering FREE Covid-19 testing through its Monitoring and Assessment Program (MAP). All residents of Lane County are eligible to be tested. Registration is required and appointments are available weekly; more information and the registration link can be found on their website.

How can I get in touch with the main department office?

The main department office is currently closed to visitors, and most UO buildings are currently locked to the public. The best way to get in touch with us is by email: Voicemails are also being monitored even though the call may not be answered. Please include your full name, UO 95#, and a contact email address so we can help you faster.

How do I complete a registrar petition (such as for a withdrawal, late add/drop, or repeating a course)?


The registrar has made these forms available online; all of the forms and instructions for submitting them are now on the Registrar’s website.

Where can I get help with advising?

Tykeson Hall advisors are available to assist remotely! Visit their website to make an appointment or to learn about drop-in advising options.

Students can also email the Sociology Undergraduate Coordinator, Mike Peixoto, with specific questions about course availability, prerequisite overrides, transfer courses, and more.

How can I declare or change my Sociology major/minor?

Use this form to declare or change your Sociology major/minor. You will receive a confirmation email once the form has been submitted, and a follow-up from the registrar once the change has been applied.

How do I register for an independent study (401 Research or 405 Reading) course?

The first step is to discuss your proposed independent study with a faculty member who is willing to supervise the course. Once you have discussed the topic, number of credits, and requirements for a passing grade, your faculty supervisor should email Mike Peixoto, undergraduate coordinator, to grant you permission to register in Duckweb.

How can I get in touch with my instructor?

Locate your instructor here (for faculty) or here (for GE’s) on our website and click their name to view the full profile, which includes their email address and office hour availability.

Where can I get tutoring help?


The UO Tutoring and Academic Engagement Center offers free tutoring in math, writing, language(s), and sciences to all UO students. Details, including sign-up instructions, can be found on their website.

Where can I get IT/computer help?

The Technology Service Desk is available by phone, live chat, and in-person by appointment only beginning September 21st. Visit their website for more information.

For remote education help, please see the UO Remote Resources website.

What additional resources are available to me through UO right now?

The UO Coronavirus Information site has up-to-date information about resources for students (and their families).